1. CITIZENSHIP PRACTICE TEST
for Tennessee High School Students
2. A. Nashville, Tennessee, B. New York City, New York, C. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, D. Washington, DC, What city serves as the capital of the United States of America?
3. Republican and
Conservative, Liberal and
Democratic, Democratic and
Republican, Whig and
Libertarian, What are the two major political parties of the United States?
4. The Gettysburg Address, The Bill of Rights, The United States Constitution, The Declaration of Independence, Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness are found in which document?
5. The United States House of Representatives has how many voting members?, A. 100, B. 435, C. 270, D. 50
6. What is the maximum number of justices that can sit upon the United States Supreme Court?, A. 7, B. 8, C. 9, D. 10
7. Who is the current governor of Tennessee?, A. Lamar Alexander, B. Diane Black, C. Barack Obama, D. Bill Haslam
8. If the President can no longer serve, who becomes the President?, Secretary of State, The Vice-President of the United States, The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, The First Lady
9. What is the capital city of Tennessee?, A. Memphis, B. Knoxville, C. Chattanooga, D. Nashville
10. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?, A. July 2, 1776, B. July 3, 1776, C. July 4, 1776, D. July 5, 1776
11. Who is often referred to as "The Father of Our Country"?, A. Thomas Jefferson, B. Ben Franklin, C. George Washington, D. John Adams
12. What are the two parts of the United States Congress?, A. The United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives, B. The House of Commons and The House of Lords, C. The Executive and Judicial Branch, D. The Legislative and Judicial Branch
13. How many United States Senators are there?, A. 270, B. 435, C. 50, D. 100
14. Joe Biden, Paul Ryan, George W. Bush, What is the name of the current President of the United States?, Donald Trump
15. B. 4, C. 6, A. 2, D. 8, United States Senators are elected to a term of how many years?
16. What is the supreme law of the land?, The United States Constitution, The Declaration of Independence, The Magna Carter, The Gettysburg Address
17. The first ten amendments to the United States Constitution are known as?, The Bill of Rights, The Ten Commandments, The Articles of Confederation, The Star Spangled Banner
18. What official is known as Commander-in-Chief of the United States military?, The Vice-President of the United States, The President of the United States, The Speaker of the House, The Senate Majority Leader
19. How old do citizens have to be to vote for the President of the United States?, C. 18, A. 16, B. 17, D. 21
20. What is the highest court in the United States?, C. The District Court of Tennessee, A. The Tennessee Supreme Court, B. The Supreme Court of the United States, D. The Circuit Court
21. What is the name of the United States National Anthem?, A. Rocky Top, B. America the Beautiful, C. The Star Spangled Banner, D. God Bless America
22. Speech, religion, assembly, press, and petition the government are all rights or freedoms found in which amendment?, A. First Amendment, B. Second Amendment, C. Tenth Amendment, D. Fifth Amendment
23. Which Founding Father is given credit for primarily writing the Declaration of Independence?, A. John Adams, B. George Washington, C. Thomas Jefferson, D. Paul Revere
24. We elect a President to a term of how many years?, 2, 4, 6, 8
25. Who is in charge of the Executive Branch?, A. The Secretary of State, B. The Vice-President of the United States, C. The President of the United States, D. The Speaker of the House
26. What is an amendment?, A change or addition that is made to the United States Constitution, A change or addition that is made to the Declaration of Independence, A change or addition that is made to the Executive Branch, A change or addition that is made to the Legislative Branch
27. Thank you for practicing!