Verbs Is & Was
Basic intro to what verb tenses are, and practice selecting is/was to complete simple and complex sentences. Appropriate for ages 4-5+. Assign for homework, or use in centers and small groups. #conjunctions but, because, so
#sped #ELL #ESOL
1. Questions: was, is, Traveling Through Time
With Verb Tenses
2. Soundboard: past, present, future, tells us WHEN something
happened/is happening/will happen., Verb Tense
3. Puzzle: is, was
4. Puzzle: We cannot see a real
dinosaur today. He was
alive a long time ago., A bird is an animal
we can see today.
5. Puzzle: He was hungry., Now he is full.
7. Puzzle: because he was
working all day., Dad is tired
8. Puzzle: It was raining
earlier today,, but it is sunny now.
11. Puzzle: Bear was sleeping
all winter, so, now he is hungry.
12. Puzzle: Ork was living on
the yellow planet,, but now he is on
the blue planet.
13. Puzzle: Last time our
rocket was red,, but today it
14. Puzzle: Last time I saw him,
he was very small., Ork is big now.
15. Puzzle: This one is
purple., There was an
until I ate it!
16. Puzzle: It was fun
playing today,, but now it is
time for Ork
to go. Bye!