Have fun this summer with visual directions for making s'mores. Includes games at the end to play while you are waiting for them to cool down, such as picture sequencing, WH questions/riddles, vocabulary word search. Great for PreK-3rd grade, special needs, or English Language Learners.
#quantity #size #inferencing #followingdirections
1. Questions: Time for S'MORE fun!
2. Soundboard: You will
3. Soundboard: 2. Chocolate, 1. Graham
the bottom., 4. Another
on top., 3. Melted
4. Soundboard: small, medium, large, What size will you
be making today?
5. Soundboard: How many marshmallows
will you need for that size?
6. Soundboard: a little piece, half of it, all of it, How much chocolate
will you need?
7. Soundboard: How will you melt
8. Questions: Little
9. Reading: Put your marshmallows
on a stick or skewer.
10. Reading: Hold your marshmallow above the flames. Do not let the flames touch
the marshmallow. Heat until the marshmallow is squishy.
11. Reading: WARNING!, If your marshmallow falls
off your stick, get a new one!
DO NOT REACH INTO THE
FIRE TO GET IT BACK!
12. Reading: Put your chocolate on top
of your graham cracker.
13. Reading: (Your adult will decide if they need
to help you with the this step.), Using a spoon or fork,
carefully slide marshmallow
off stick onto chocolate.
14. Reading: Put another graham cracker
on top of the marshmallow
and gently press down.
15. Reading: The marshmallow will be hot enough
to melt the chocolate - and burn
your mouth! Wait a few minutes for
it to cool before you eat it.
16. Puzzle: , 1 2 3, 4 5 6
17. Questions: Mom or Dad, Teacher, Teenager, Little
18. Reading: Your adult helper should turn
on the broiler to heat up.
19. Reading: Put one graham cracker for
each person on a cookie sheet.
20. Reading: Put a piece of chocolate on
each graham cracker.
21. Reading: Place marshmallows on
top of chocolate.
22. Reading: Put s'mores under broiler until marshmallows get gooey.
23. Reading: Put another graham cracker
on top of the marshmallows., Press down gently.
24. Reading: WARNING!, Stop and think - if the s'mores
are hot enough to melt the marshmallow, it is hot enough to
burn your mouth. Wait for it to cool!
25. Puzzle: 1 2 3, 4 5 6
26. Puzzle: Vocabulary Match-ups
27. Questions: Q: Who can help
you melt your
marshmallows?, adult, oven, little sister
28. Questions: Q: What is white,
and squishy?, snowman, marshmallow, pillow
29. Questions: Q: Where does the
in the s'more?
30. Questions: Q: When is it
clean up?, after you eat, the mess, in the trash
31. Questions: Q: Why do you
have to wait a few
minutes to eat?, You're hungry., Five minutes., it's too hot., Because
32. Questions: smores
yummy, Word Search