In honor of International Missing Children's Day May 25th, this is an updated lesson on "Stranger Danger" that includes the difference between helpful strangers and bad strangers. Video scenarios included. #safety #summervacation #socialskills
1. Questions: Stranger, Danger!!
2. Reading: ???, A stranger is someone
you and your parents
do not know well
enough to trust.
3. Questions: Your soccer
coach, Your teacher, Your mom, Your babysitter, The guy walking his
dog everyday., Your grandparents
4. Reading: Good Stranger, Bad Stranger, 1. Will be nice to you
2. Will help you
3. Will not ask you to do
something you know is wrong
or makes you feel uncomfortable., 1.Will pretend to be nice to you.
2. Will try to trick you into going
with them so they can hurt you.
3. Might try to get close enough
to grab you.
5. Reading: Appearances can
6. Questions: Avoid dangerous situations!, 1. Never walk alone.
8. Questions: Avoid dangerous situations!, 3. Be aware of your surroundings
9. Soundboard: Suspicious Behavior
10. Reading: When you are scared, worried,
uncomfortable, or threatened,
you can feel it in the pit of your
stomach. That's called "a gut
feeling" and it's usually right.
Listen to it!
11. Reading: 1. Don't take anything
from a stranger!
12. Reading: 2. Don't go anywhere
with a stranger!
13. Reading: 3. Don't get too close
to a stranger!
17. Reading: Let's
18. Video: What would you do?
19. Questions: C. Run away and tell
an adult about the man., B. Help the man look
for his dog., A. Say "No! I don't
talk to strangers."
21. Questions: A. Go inside with the
man and play games., B. Say, "No. I don't
know you.", C. Say, "I can't unless I
ask my mom first."
23. Questions: B. Run away and tell
an adult., C. Carry her bag
to her car., A. Tell her you want
25. Questions: A. Go play ball with
the man., B. Say, "NO, I don't
know you!", C. Run and tell an
adult about the man.
27. Questions: A. Run away from
the car., B. Get in the front
seat of the car., C. Get in the back
seat of the car.
29. Questions: C. Get away from the
windows and call for help., B. Open the door
for the pizza., A. No one ordered a pizza.
Do not open the door.
32. Reading: Tips For Parents, 3. Set up a code word (something easy for your child to remember) in case something happens and you need someone else to pick up your child., 5. Teach your child to NEVER go with anybody without telling you first., 1. Make sure your child knows his name, address, and phone number.
2. Show your child safe places where he might be able to get help in his environment., 4. Never have your child wear any clothes or a backpack that displays their name to strangers.